Wednesday, November 5, 2008

You say you wanna go there, ride then.

i stole this from aaron's blog.

i think these are fun to do even though i seriously doubt anyone will get my songs ...

i shall try anyways.

Rules:
Step 1: We Can Have Lots of Fun
Step 2: There's So Much We Can Do
Step 3: It's Just You and Me
Step 4: I Can Give You More
Step 5: Don't You Know that the Time is Right

HUH!

sorry ... spaced out for a minute. anybody else automatically think that in your head when you hear step 1? anybody? anybody?

anyways ..

Rules:
Step 1: Put your music player on random
Step 2: Post the first line (or so, some are hard) from the first 20 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what SONG AND ARTIST the lines come from.
Step 4: Italicize the songs when someone guesses correctly (No lyric hunting! That is cheating!)
Step 5: After doing the first 20, listen to one more random song and post it as your title.


1. Roll on down til midnight then roll on downtown til it's light because tomorrow we may die oh but tonight we're dancing in the faint light.
2. Where were you when we called the police, were you ready to go home and hard to please?But no you were in Portugal so don't come back to Stockholm no more.
3. Hello, I've waited here for you, everlong.
4. Wherever you're going, I know you knew that nobody cuts me quite like you do.
5. I wanted you to know that I love the way you laugh. I want to hold you high and steal your pain away.
6. I will break into your thoughts with what's written on my heart.
7. I woke up early this morning around 4am with the moon shining bright as headlights on the interstate.
8. A sea of waves we hug the same plank. Just as I rehearsed over an hour break.
9. Empty spaces fill me up with holes. Distant faces with no place left to go. Without you, within me I can't find no rest.
10. I wake alone in a woman's room I hardly know. I wake alone and pretend that I am finally home.
11. Find me here and speak to me. I want to feel you, I need to hear you.
12. Let it go, let it roll right off your shoulders don't you know, the hardest part is over.
13. The cigarettes are gonna kill me I know. I gotta get a light before I hit the door.
14. Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
15. I get home from work and you're still standing in your dressing gown well what am I to do?
16. You must obey the dance commander givin' out the order for fun.
17. And when I see you, I really see you upside down. But my brain knows better it picks you up and turns you around.
18. I'm stupid you're smarter. I'm stupid thinking there's a way that this could turn out right.
19. No sir, well I don't want to be the blame not anymore its your turn so take a seat we're settling the final score.
20. I'm in the business of misery lets take it top from the top she's got a body like an hourglass it's ticking like a clock.

any takers on the title? ( Yay Jody!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. ?
2. ?
3. Foo Fighters - Everlong
4. Twilight Singers - Feathers
5. ?
6. Some gay Dashboard song probably
7. ?
8. ?
9. ?
10. Cursive - The Recluse
11. ?
12. ?
13. Greg Dulli - Cigarettes
14. ?
15. Radiohead - Black Star
16. Electric Six - Dance Commander17. Deathcab For Cutie - A Lack of Color
18. ?
19. ?
20. Paramore (sp) - Some song, dont ask me how i know this please

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah and the title is Twilight Singers - Teenage Wristband

Aaron said...

5. Broken, Seether
11. Everything, Lifehouse

The rest kinda make me feel a little more dumb...

TeaJay said...

3. Foo Fighters- Everlong
10. Cursive- The Recluse
14. Interpol- Evil
17. I know this is a Death Cab song but I don't know what the name of the song is.

ok. i'm done. i would like you to e-mail me all the correct answers. so that i can know who some of these other people are.

Ryan Hamilton said...

KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!!

1) So Right - DMB
2) You Are Dreaming - Shout Out Louds (this song is EXTREMELY popular in Stockholm, go figure)
8) A Sea of Waves - Deftones (i think you screwed this up...you put the song title in there)
9) Incomplete - BSB's (don't ask why/how i know this)
12) Little Wonders - Rob Thomas (unbelievably great song...can't believe no one got this yet. didn't anyone see Meet the Robinsons?)
18) I'm Stupid - Prime STH (one of many songs to which you introduced me)

i'll do this on my blog when i get back to Austria...still in Geneva right now so i don't have all my music...

Ryan Hamilton said...

k...i lied. i couldn't wait till i got home. mine is up...give it a shot.